Thursday, June 6, 2013

dadu shin

Something I did recently for the New Yorker to go along with a...



Something I did recently for the New Yorker to go along with a piece discussing the retrospective of Yasujiro Ozu's work that is being held at the Film Forum in NYC.  I was asked to focus on Ozu's "Dragnet Girl". Description: "Typist Kinuyo Tanaka tries to reform her petty crook boyfriend, but he's got one last job to pull."

Photo



MEGA MAN





MEGA MAN

A mock picture book piece from a while ago.



A mock picture book piece from a while ago.

I'm a huge fan of the NYT Opinionator blogs, so I'm...



I'm a huge fan of the NYT Opinionator blogs, so I'm always excited when I get the call to do an illustration for one. This piece accompanied an interesting essay about rewriting memories. Thanks to AD Matt Dorfman.

A portrait I did for the latest aiCIO.  Thanks again to super AD...



A portrait I did for the latest aiCIO.  Thanks again to super AD SooJin Buzelli.

Photo



Photo



1 of my pieces for the Animal Kingdom show at Gallery Nucleus. ...



1 of my pieces for the Animal Kingdom show at Gallery Nucleus.  If you're around the area go check it out, the show has an amazing line up.

This is also available as a print here.

Walk away.



Walk away.

"The Joy of Re-reading" for the Boston Globe Op-Ed...



"The Joy of Re-reading" for the Boston Globe Op-Ed page. Thanks again to AD Jane Martin!

Photo



My contribution to the Sundance Film Festival ABC book, put...



My contribution to the Sundance Film Festival ABC book, put together by the talented people at Todd Oldham Studio. Each artist was given a letter accompanied by a list of films, directors and actors/actresses that began with that letter.  My letter was U - Usual Suspects, U2:3D, and Unzipped.  Thanks to my friend and art director Greg for the fun assignment. 

"How LDI (liability-driven investing) saved Brown Shoe (a...



"How LDI (liability-driven investing) saved Brown Shoe (a women's shoe company)" for aiCIO.  Big thanks goes out to AD SooJin Buzelli!

Photo



For the girl that always wore black and never looked at anyone.



For the girl that always wore black and never looked at anyone.

Something I did for the NYT townies blog last week.  Written by...



Something I did for the NYT townies blog last week.  Written by Titi Nguyen, the story is about the relationship between an artist and the daughter of the family who cleans his house. You can read it here.  Big thanks to AD Alexandra Zsigmond!

Photo



Photo



Photo



2 comments:

  1. LuxLair is the number one authentic luxury designer online outlet.
    Where you can find genuine Designer Men's Sneakers at unbeatable prices.

    ReplyDelete